Monday 18 January 2010

Latte

I thought "the time to begin a new quilt is upon me!" But where to begin?
With something relatively simple I think. I have been collecting coffee coloured fabrics for the last year or so with no specific quilt in mind. Began searching for a simple yet classic block to best showcase the delicious latte colours. Surfing the blogs I happened upon the double hour glass block. Horrors! it is not in my bible of blocks - Jinny Beyers Blocks and Borders. So I had to get the graph paper out and do some maths! My brain is a bit rusty, it has been a few years, but did work out the template free cutting for a 7" block. Sorting into lights and darks was challenging as many of the fabrics are mid-tones. But this should be the feature of the quilt - some fabrics will be used as both light and dark.

1 comment:

  1. Nice fabrics Sheryl! CAn't wait to see what you do with them :)

    ReplyDelete