Tuesday 13 April 2010

About Mary

My sister in law, Mary Anne, passed away on Monday 5th April as a result of a long battle with breast cancer. I had been cutting the remainder of my quilt on Sunday afternoon when I made a sudden decision to go and visit her. I drove over to Tauranga, getting there before dark and sat with Mary for a couple of hours, she even said hello to me. Apparently I was the last person she spoke to. When I left her she was stable but her breathing deteriorated during the night and she died at 5.15 on Monday morning.  To know Mary was a privilege. She was one of life's treasures. She was up front about everything and great fun to be around. She leaves behind her three children - Nick, Sam and Emma and her partner Roger who loved her dearly. Ka kite ano Mary.





















Above: Mary's last night at Paengaroa.
Below: The Knitters - Oma, Mary Anne, Christine. Taken in 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment